[Fedora-directory-users] integrating samba and FDS/RHDS (draft 1)

Vesko support at belvedere.bg
Wed Jul 13 07:07:21 UTC 2005

Adam Stokes wrote:

> There is no need for the /etc/group file to have those entries in it
> because Samba will map the entires from the ldap server.
>
> So remove the entries in /etc/group, import the ldif
> from /tmp/sambaGroups and map the appropriate entries (instead of
> ntgroup='Admins' use ntgroup='Domain Admins' unixgroup='Domain Admins')
>
> Remeber you are mapping from an ldap server so the entries have to exist
> somewhere.

The same errors:

[root at dt ~]# net groupmap add rid=512 ntgroup=’Domain Admins’
unixgroup=’Domain Admins’
Bad option: Admins’

[root at dt ~]# net groupmap add rid=512 ntgroup='Domain Admins'
unixgroup='Domain Admins'
Can't lookup UNIX group Domain Admins

Is this a samba bug or ...?
it is just not working as expected :( I did everything right up till
this mommenet. I use samba-3.0.10-1.4E on CentOS release 4.1 (Final) and
fedora-ds-7.1-2.RHEL4 (rpm install)

regards