[Fedora-directory-users] Database recreation, automount and performance

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Wed Jul 13 20:20:51 UTC 2005

Rich,

> What problems did you have?  I'm not sure what you did, or what you
> could have done to necessitate a reinstall.

The second LDAP server I've created would not start before the
reinstall, but I can't replicate this problem any more. I was also able
to add a top-level organizational unit now.

The earlier problems began after I've deleted the top-level entry on the
Configuration tab. That was probably not a smart thing to do, but I
don't know how to delete all the data from the directory. Command-line
ldapdelete won't work either, because recursive deletion is not
supported by the server.

> After uninstall, remove your ~/.mcc directory, or edit the file in there
> after installation.  The URL box in the login screen should have had a
> drop down list to let you select another one.

Okay - thanks!

>> For archives - the docs don't tell you that after running pk12util in
>> step 9 you first have to enter the password 'secretpwd' that you've
>> saved in the file pwdfile.txt, and then you have to create a different
>> startup password.
>

> You can't use the same password?

You can, of course, I just wanted to emphasize that they serve two
different purposes.

Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81