[Fedora-directory-users] Database recreation, automount and performance

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Wed Jul 13 20:28:43 UTC 2005

Ben Steeves wrote on 07/13/2005 04:13 PM:
> On 7/13/05, Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko <simonf at cshl.edu> wrote:
>

>>3) Finally, the Java administration console is extremely slow. I'm
>>running over an SSH connection, but my server is a 2.8 Ghz machine with
>>512 Mb of RAM. I wonder what console performance other people experience.
>

> Try using "-c blowfish" when you connect to the server.  That ought to
> help a bit.

Thanks, Ben - I see approximately a twofold improvement in speed (though
setting DISPLAY to my desktop manually speeds the program up even more,
of course).

Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81