[Fedora-directory-users] Auto-Staring slapd in SSL mode

Tay, Gary Gary_Tay at platts.com
Thu Jul 14 08:38:01 UTC 2005

You wrote:
===
Later, when you start the server on the command line,
this second password is required.
===

I suspect something was not done properly, I may not wrong.

If the slapd-`hostname`-pin.txt has been setup correctly, ./start-slapd
will NOT prompt you for any SSL Security DB private key password.

Pls double check these two points (I am saying this based on my
experience with SUN ONE DS5.2 which is similar to FDS7.1)

1) When you create the PIN text file.

# echo "Internal (Software) Token:secret"
>$FDS_ROOT/alias/slapd-`hostname`-pin.txt

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT LEAVE ANY SPACES after the "Token:" and at the
end of the line or else the password will not be recognized by
"start-slapd".

2) You need to protect this PIN text file with mode 400 or else
"start-slapd" will not be happy to let you go auto.

# chmod 400 $FDS_ROOT/alias/slapd-`hostname`-pin.txt

Rgds
Gary