[Fedora-directory-users] Solaris Native LDAP Client against FDS7.1 Server

Tay, Gary Gary_Tay at platts.com
Fri Jul 15 04:38:54 UTC 2005

IIRC the two .schema files in my OpenLDAP HOW-TO is actually equivalent
to the 99user.ldif (residing in
$LDAP_ROOT/slapd-`hostname`/config/schema) file provided by SUN ONE
DS5.2, i.e.

DUAConfigProfile.schema + solaris.schema = 99user.ldif.

So if there is an existing Solaris8/9 DS5.2 server, simply copy
99user.ldif from DS5.2 over to FDS7.1.

Someone who is using Oracle Internet Directory had asked me in
supportforum.sun.com how to configure Solaris Native LDAP Client to
authenticate against OID, I had some brief instructions given there, I
reproduced and modified a bit as a quick notes here.

PLEASE NOTE that I haven't tried these steps but believe it should work
as FDS7.1 is similar to DS5.2, anyone has tried these please feel free
to comment and add.

===
To make a Solaris Native LDAP Clients (Solaris8 or Solaris9) worked
against FDS7.1 Server, you would have to do a little hackings to make
FDS7.1 Server acts like a SUN DS5.2 ldapclient profile(s) provider,
described as in the following notes,

- Add "nisDomain" to rootDN object (eg: object is dc=example,dc=com) so
that "ldapclient" will be able to find this nisDomainObject, using
ldapmodify or GUI based tools.

objectClass: nisDomainObject
nisDomain: example.com

- Copy schema 99user.ldif from DS5.2 to FDS7.1

- Create ou=profile OU object and add cn=ProxyAgent as a proxy
credentials proxy user under it

- Create "default" or "customized" ldapclient profile(s) under the
ou=profile subtree for simple bind or simple bind + TLS or whatever,
using manually prepared ldif file or ldif generated by "ldapclient
genprofile" command, read "man ldapclient" for more details.

- Setup two ACLs under dc=example,dc=com object, ACL1 should appear
before ACL2, they are actually present in any typical SUN ONE DS5.2

1. LDAP_Naming_Services_deny_write_access
(targetattr =
"cn||uid||uidNumber||gidNumber||homeDirectory||shadowLastChange||shadowM
in||shadowMax||shadowWarning||shadowInactive||shadowExpire||shadowFlag||
memberUid")(version 3.0; acl LDAP_Naming_Services_deny_write_access;
deny (write) userdn = "ldap:///self";)

2.LDAP_Naming_Services_proxy_password_read
(target="ldap:///dc=example,dc=com")(targetattr="userPassword")(version
3.0; acl LDAP_Naming_Services_proxy_password_read; allow
(compare,read,search) userdn =
"ldap:///cn=proxyagent,ou=profile,dc=example,dc=com";)

Tips: delete the word "read" if you do not want "ldaplist -l passwd" to
list userPassword(s), i.e. it becomes:

(target="ldap:///dc=example,dc=com")(targetattr="userPassword")(version
3.0; acl LDAP_Naming_Services_proxy_password_read; allow
(compare,search) userdn =
"ldap:///cn=proxyagent,ou=profile,dc=example,dc=com";)

- It is advisable to set password hash scheme to CRYPT in FDS7.1.

- It is advisable to add "shadowAccount" objectclass to your user
entries, on top of "posixAccount".

- Note that Solaris "ldapclient" has an irritating act that it will
reset the "hosts:" entry to "hosts: files ldap" or something that puts
"ldap" in front of "dns", this should be adjusted back to "hosts: files
dns", otherwise something like telnet/ftp/ssh will break on hostname
lookup as the hosts lookup using "ldap" goes recursive.

Rgds
Gary