[Fedora-directory-users] Solaris Native LDAP Client against FDS7.1 Server

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 18:08:03 UTC 2005

George Holbert wrote:

>> So if there is an existing Solaris8/9 DS5.2 server, simply copy
>> 99user.ldif from DS5.2 over to FDS7.1.
>>

> One caution about this:  99user.ldif stores ALL schema changes you
> make to the directory server via ldapmodify.  This is not necessarily
> just DUAConfigProfile and other Solaris client schema updates.
>
>> DUAConfigProfile.schema + solaris.schema = 99user.ldif
>>
> This is true if you install a fresh SunDS 5.2 or FDS 7.1 directory
> server, and then add the schema changes in DUAConfigProfile.schema and
> solaris.schema via ldapmodify.  Sun's favorite way of making these
> changes is the Solaris script: /usr/lib/ldap/idsconfig

Right.  So you could just use this script
http://www.directory.fedora.redhat.com/download/ol-schema-migrate.pl
and do perl ol-schema-migrate.pl DUAConfigProfile.schema >
slapd-foo/config/schema/61duaconfigprofile.ldif
and
perl ol-schema-migrate.pl solaris.schema >
slapd-foo/config/schema/61solaris.ldif