[Fedora-directory-users] Centos 4.1 - FDS Problems

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 13:08:44 UTC 2005

For the admin server, there are problems with IBM JDK on some SMP
systems (including hyper-threading SMP) such that the server fails to
start. The solutions are to either switch to a uni-processor kernel or
try a Sun JRE. See http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/FAQ for details.

As for directory not starting, check the error log file to see if there
are any details there. Look in in /opt/fedorads/slapd-<instance>/logs

rob