[Fedora-directory-users] Samba and FDS 7.1 on Fedora Core 4 Error

Adam Stokes astokes at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 13:37:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 15:31 +0200, Leonardo Pugliesi wrote:
> Adam Stokes ha scritto:
>
> >First thing, follow the article at
> >http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:Samba I tend to keep that
> >one closely updated as I find problems.
> >
> >For this issue what is the output of :
> >
> >ldapsearch -x -Z '(cn=Domain*)'
> >

> Ok, I have read everything (html and pdf version)
>
> ldapsearch result:
>
> [root at fedorac4 fedora-ds]# ldapsearch -x -Z '(cn=Domain*)'
> ldap_start_tls: Protocol error (2)
>         additional info: unsupported extended operation
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <> with scope sub
> # filter: (cn=Domain*)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # Domain Admins, Groups, localdomain
> dn: cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=localdomain
> objectClass: posixGroup
> objectClass: top
> cn: Domain Admins
> gidNumber: 2512
>
> # Domain Users, Groups, localdomain
> dn: cn=Domain Users,ou=Groups,dc=localdomain
> objectClass: posixGroup
> objectClass: top
> cn: Domain Users
> gidNumber: 2513
>
> # Domain Guests, Groups, localdomain
> dn: cn=Domain Guests,ou=Groups,dc=localdomain
> objectClass: posixGroup
> objectClass: top
> cn: Domain Guests
> gidNumber: 2514
>
> # Domain Computers, Groups, localdomain
> dn: cn=Domain Computers,ou=Groups,dc=localdomain
> objectClass: posixGroup
> objectClass: top
> cn: Domain Computers
> gidNumber: 2515
>
> # search result
> search: 3
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 5
> # numEntries: 4
>
> tsl_error is not important, I think
> Leon

Ok I know what the problem is, its my fault :( when I was testing this I
always run the following :

getent group

This should display
Domain Admins:x:2512:
Domain Users:x:2513:
Domain Guests:x:2514:
Domain Computers:x:2515:

So, if that doesn't display those groups after adding them to the ldap
server run the following (on fedora)

authconfig

Configure user information to use LDAP, this will configure PAM
correctly and then you should be able to proceed.

Ill get that added right away