[Fedora-directory-users] Samba and FDS 7.1 on Fedora Core 4 Error

Leonardo Pugliesi l.pugliesi at exint.it
Wed Jul 20 15:05:39 UTC 2005

Adam Stokes ha scritto:

>On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 16:32 +0200, Leonardo Pugliesi wrote:

>>>OK, now working...
>>>net groupmapping result:
>>>Successfully added group Domain Admins to the mapping db
>>>thanks a lot
>>>Leon
>>>
>>>--
>>>

>>i managed to execute net groupmap add etc., but i have problems in the
>>next step of how-to:
>>i added the entry of "Administrator" as shown in the how-to but on
>>smbpasswd -a Administrator i get the following error:
>>________________________________________________
>>[root at fedorac4 ~]# smbpasswd -a Administrator
>>New SMB password:
>>Retype new SMB password:
>>ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed to add user dn=
>>uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=localdomain with: Already exists
>>
>>ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with uid =
>>Administrator (dn = uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=localdomain)
>>Failed to add entry for user Administrator.
>>Failed to modify password entry for user Administrator
>>[root at fedorac4 ~]#
>>________________________________________________
>>
>>the ldapsearch -x -Z shows the entry in this way:
>>_____________________________________
>>
>># Administrator, People, localdomain
>>dn: uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=localdomain
>>uid: Administrator
>>cn: Samba Admin
>>givenName: Samba
>>sn: Admin
>>mail: Administrator at localdomain
>>objectClass: person
>>objectClass: organizationalPerson
>>objectClass: inetOrgPerson
>>objectClass: posixAccount
>>objectClass: top
>>loginShell: /bin/bash
>>uidNumber: 0
>>gidNumber: 0
>>homeDirectory: /root
>>gecos: Samba Admin
>>
>># search result
>>search: 3
>>result: 0 Success
>>
>># numResponses: 16
>># numEntries: 15
>>[root at fedorac4 ~]#
>>

>Leon,
>
>I think since you have an administrator account set already, do
>
>smbpasswd Adminsitrator
>
>the '-a' switch tells samba to add that user without it will just change
>the password and add the appropriate entries to directory server
>
>--

if i use "smbpasswd Administrator" i get:
_______________________________
[root at fedorac4 ~]# smbpasswd Administrator
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
Failed to find entry for user administrator.
Failed to modify password entry for user administrator
[root at fedorac4 ~]#
so it seems that i can't add Administrator because the entry alredy
exists, but i can't modify it because it doesn't exists.....
am i missing something :-)

thanx