[Fedora-directory-users] ACI to restrict access to sensitive attributes.

Alastair Neil ajneil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:59:18 UTC 2005

I am struggling with setting ACIs to restrict access to certain attributes
I would like the employeenumber attribute to be visible only to the user and

only if they are authenticated via sasl gssapi. I have tried several
varients of the following:

(target = "ldap:///ou=People, dc=ite,dc=gmu,dc=edu")
(targetattr ="employeeNumber")
(version 3.0;acl "EmployeeNumber";
deny (all) userdn="ldap:///anyone" |
allow (read) userdn="ldap:///self" and authmethod="sasl gssapi";
)

this one seems to deny access regardless of the authmethod or bindbd used.

Anyone got any pointers?