[Fedora-directory-users] Focus of this mailinglist?

Patrick von der Hagen patrick at wudika.de
Thu Jun 2 20:19:58 UTC 2005

Christopher Blizzard wrote:

 > I don't have any quick answers to your questions.  There's some
support in the nss_ldap module for some of the things that you need, but
I'm not an expert in this area.  On the server side I don't know what we
have in place.

I don't really care about the answers. ;-) Well, at least not now.
The point is, wheter I'm allowed to ask such questions here and you did
not answer "bugger off". That's positive. :-)

IMHO Linux (or, in this special case, Fedora/Redhat) can benefit from
integrating LDAP and I'm searching for a place to ask questions about that.

The way I interpret your answer and the one of Mike, there seem to be
people here who acknowledge that those questions have to be asked
somewhere and don't object to being asked those questions on this
mailinglist. Perhaps we will see in several weeks (or month) that such
questions might not be on-topic here after all, so I might have to move
on or we might have start a new mailinglist "how fedora might use LDAP".

Well, this is just a beginning, but I feel optimistic about it. :-)

 > OK, maybe this post is actually devoid of any information making it
completely worthless.  But!  Our long term goals include making it very
easy to do what you're suggesting.

I like your answer. Really really. ;-)