[Fedora-directory-users] migration from openldap-servers?

Joshua Daniel Franklin jdf.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 17:24:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

We are using LDAP for login and automount, currently with the
openldap-servers rpm. I'm assuming that the eventual plan is to
migrate Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux to the Fedora
Directory Server, though this may not happen until FC5 and
perhaps RHEL 5 or 6.

I am curious what the migration path will look like. I assume
that I can just do an LFIF dump and then import, but has
anyone tried it?

I'd also be very interested to know whether any of the
management tools will work with openldap--right now all I use
is the Java LDAPbrowser which is very minimal.