[Fedora-directory-users] Messaging server

jclowser at unitedmessaging.com jclowser at unitedmessaging.com
Tue Jun 14 19:00:07 UTC 2005

Ah, yes 4.x - that became steltor, and is now Oracle Calendar server.
Yes, it was a nightmare.  5.x and above were actually decent
architecturally, but were mostly web based only.  Sun has an outlook
plugin for their latest version of it, that works moderately well, but
a) you have to use very recently patched versions of Windows and Outlook
(but not too new), and b) you have to use outlook...

I've been hoping Sun or someone would write sunbird, evolution, etc
plugins for it, but no luck so far (Sun has plugins for evolution, but
getting them anywhere but on Sun's JDS desktop seems next to
impossible).  Without a real fat client, no one is interested in it, and
no one has enough interest to write a fat client, it seems :)

If that calendar become open source, it might catch on enough to reach
critical mass.  But...  this is a directory mailing list, so I'll shut
up about calendar now :)

 - Jeff