[Fedora-directory-users] features

Dinil Divakaran dinil at lantana.tenet.res.in
Mon Jun 20 03:12:26 UTC 2005

Greetings !!

Before going for Fedora Directory Server, I thought of going
through the feature list to see what all additional features
are supported when compared to OpenLDAP.

Though the feature list and FAQ says about many features
supported by Fedora Directory Server (like multi-master
replication, nested roles, cascading using hubs etc), they
don't provide information about some common features that
are supported by OpenLDAP. Some of such features include,
support for SNMP, password hashing, support of LDAP search
filters such as presence, equality, inequality, sub-string,
approximate and boolean operators, support for consumer-
initiated replication, support for supplier-initiated
replication, support for Digital certificates, support for
XMLDAP gateway and whether the Directory server support
XML for integration with external applications. XML and
XMLDAP are not supported by OpenLDAP too, I believe.

May be most of the above features were trivial to the
Directory Server; but still, I would like to know whether
these features are supported before going for Fedora
Directory Server.

Can anyone please help ?

Note: I am not a member of this mailing list; kindly put
       a CC to me.

- Dinil