[Fedora-directory-users] Virtual DIT views vs hierarchical DIT

Pete Rowley pete at openrowley.com
Fri Jun 24 20:53:52 UTC 2005

Views are a search based thing currently, so nothing happens to the entry
when it is created, or afterwards - mods and adds work on the hierarchy
itself and the entries end up where you actually put them.  Views constructs
its filter such that entries that actually exist in the view hiearchy are
returned by searches along with the views based results.  I had never
thought of this before, but this is actually a nice way to contain apps like
this that litter the dit.

So, in theory, the client should be none the wiser.  If you ever do come
across an incompatibility like this, I would really like to hear about it.