[Fedora-directory-users] Subject: SASL and gssapi

Alastair Neil ajneil at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:08:19 UTC 2005

I would like to configure the DS to use sasl and gssapi to authenticate
against a local kerberos realm.
I have been looking at the administrators guide and I'm a little confused.
To enable SASL does one simply setup at least one mapping?
An appropriate SASL mapping for gssapi combined with a ldap service
principle plus saslauthd and the
cyrus-sasl-gssapi package should be all I need, correct?
If someone could provide a gssapi sasl mapping example I would be grateful,
I think I want to
map posix uid's to uid at REALM.EDU.

rgds Alastair