[Fedora-directory-users] replication: edit agreements, and tls?

uffe at loop.to uffe at loop.to
Mon Jun 27 23:54:57 UTC 2005

Rich Megginson wrote:

> Brian K. Jones wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> Two quick questions on managing replication via the console:
>> 1. I want to edit an existing replication agreement by clicking on
>> the agreement, going to the connection tab, and enabling SSL.
>> However, even though I'm logged in as admin, those options are all
>> greyed out. Am I forced to create a whole new agreement just to make
>> this change?
>>

> Was your server enabled to use SSL?  If so, could be a bug.  Try using
> startconsole -D > log 2>&1 - send the log file to this list.

The graying-out in this case was an enhancement to avoid giving false
hope to admins.

A limitation on the server side is that a replication agreement's target
host, port and connection type can't be modified while the server is
running - DSA unwilling to perform.  It has to be recreated or possibly
edited in offline mode.  Maybe this could use some enhancement (followed
by Console unenhancement), but I'd rank replication StartTLS support
higher on the nice-to-have list.