[Fedora-directory-users] question about required fields and I18N issues

speedy zinc speedy_zinc at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 17:58:14 UTC 2005

How can I enter non-ascii data in the attribute,
especially for dn, last name, first name, etc, and
still can use the native language for searching?

For example, if I want to enter greeks or some eastern
european characters, how can I do that?

How do I configure the server to support i18n and have
the proper collation?

How many languages does the console support, i.e. have
the proper translation and display correctly?

I added an entry using ldapmodify, which contains
non-ascii in the DN. It seems to get it correctly, as
shown in the title bar of the property editor in the
console. But the property editor and the console does
not display correctly. The title bar displays
correctly,
though.

And the result from ldapsearch just shows a bunch of
garbage characters.

All helps appreciated.

sz