[Fedora-directory-users] make an attribute default to object class?

speedy zinc speedy_zinc at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 12:03:31 UTC 2005

Ok, I have this weird idea that I want to make a new
attribute an allowed attribute of an existing
objectclass
and all its sub-classes, but without modifying the
definition of the existing class, only thru extension.

For example, if I define a new attribute called
"myWhackyAttr", and I want to make it part of an
allowed
attribute of nsRoleDefinition (or
nsSimpleRoleDefinition),
so that the attribute is available to all sub-classes.

To do that, I can change the definition of
nsRoleDefinition
in 00core.ldif, which everyone would say "stop right
there,
you shouldn't do that".

The other way is, I can create an aux objectclass with

that attribute, and everytime I create a new role,
I have to make sure that I add that object class to
the
new entry. That's tedious, and might forget it.

Is there a third way to enforce that?

thanks for any hint.

sz