[Fedora-directory-users] Directory Server and Jive Messenger

Chad Elwartowski elwartowski at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:17:34 UTC 2005

I've asked on the jivesoftware forums and hit a brick wall so I figured
folks here might have better insight into this.

I'm trying to get Jive Messenger to read in my user database using LDAP.
I've tried several different configurations of the jive-messenger.xml to get
it working.

Here's my configuration:

<ldap>
<usernameField>uid</usernameField>
<nameField>cn</nameField>
<host>example.host.name.com <http://example.host.name.com></host>
<port>389</port>
<baseDN>dc=example,dc=host,dc=name,dc=com</baseDN>
<adminDN>cn=admin</adminDN>
<adminPassword>supersecretpassword</adminPassword>
<debugEnabled>true</debugEnabled>
</ldap>

I'm able to connect to my database using the firefox email address book with
this:
Hostname: example.host.name.com <http://example.host.name.com>
Base DN: dc=example,dc=host,dc=name,dc=com
Port Number: 389

I used a typical install of Fedora Directory Server with admin as the name
of my admin user. I'm not sure if I might have my settings in the correct
format or if I'm using the wrong baseDN and adminDN.

When I run through the jive messenger configuration I click through all of
the defaults, add my admin account and password and when I log in all I get
under User Summary is my admin account so it's not
seeing the LDAP database.

If anyone has any insight into this I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Chad