[Fedora-directory-users] How to ldapsearch password expiration data?

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 23:18:14 UTC 2005

Those attributes are operational, so you must explicitly ask for them on
the ldapsearch command line e.g.
ldapsearch -b
'cn="cn=nsPwPolicyEntry,uid=ilyush,ou=People,dc=cshl,dc=edu",cn=nsPwPolicyContainer,ou=People,dc=cshl,dc=edu'
passwordMaxAge passwordWarning passwordMinAge passwordExp passwordGraceLimit

In addition, ldapsubentry objects are hidden from normal searches.  You
must explicitly request objects of this type by adding the
(objectclass=ldapsubentry) to your search filter e.g.
'(|(objectclass=*)(objectclass=ldapsubentry))'
to get all regular entries and sub entries, or just
'(objectclass=ldapsubentry)'
to get only the sub entry objects.