[Fedora-directory-users] howto Step by Step install Directory Server, help me!

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 04:21:47 UTC 2005

This sounds like a known issue with the JVM that Admin Server uses
crashing with JIT enabled.

Re-run your installation, but set the environment variable
"JAVA_COMPILER=none" first.  That will diable JIT and should get you
through the install.  When the install is complete, edit the <FDS
install path>/admin-serv/config/jvm12.conf file, and add
"-Djava.compiler=none" to the "jvm.options" config parameter.  This will
allow the Admin Server to startup without needed an environment variable
set.

-NGK