[Fedora-directory-users] help with memory corruption

speedy zinc speedy_zinc at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 02:39:07 UTC 2005

My gnome desktop totally hanged, and out of
frustration,
I just pushed the reset button.

Now I got a memory corruption error when trying to
start
up slapd:

*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption:
0x08176080 ***
slapd-neo/start-slapd: line 33:  7560 Aborted
       ./ns-slapd -D /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-neo -i
/opt/fedora-ds/slapd-neo/logs/pid -w $STARTPIDFILE
"$@"

Couldn't find anything about cleaning up corrupted
data
in the admin guide. Could someone tell what's this
error about?

Now I wonder, if I can get this kind of corruption
that
easily, how would people handle it in real production
environment? If I get a sudden power outage, or the
cleaning guy just trips on the power cord, and boom,
the server won't start. That's not pretty, isn't it?

thanks

sz