[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora DS and a C# .NET app

Mont Rothstein mont.rothstein at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:39:14 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have just started working with Fedora Directory Server (still going
through all of the docs and install) and I realized that something I want to
do may not be possible. I was hoping someone on this list could tell me if
what I want to do can or can not be done.

We have a Windows C# .NET WinForms application. What we want to do is to
authenticate users to a Fedora DS that we setup and then control their
access rights based on settings in the DS. The trick is that the users may
or may not be on an AD domain, and in either case we will not be their
primary DS, only the one used for our application. Furthermore, we don't
want them to have to sign in to out application, only to their computer.

In short, is it possible to authenticate a Windows user to a Fedora DS using
their standard Windows login info?

I hope this is clear.

Thanks,
-Mont