[Fedora-directory-users] Directory server

Fernando D. Tardini ftardini at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 01:01:36 UTC 2005

Hello, i apology for my english, I'm from argentina and some technicals words i don't understand it verywell.

This is really simple, i have installed fc4 and the DS for this distribution and all work perfectly. Now i have a 2003 Active Directory server and i have to make a sync with this two.
I enable de replica in the directory server, and don't give any error, and I install the PassSync.msi in the 2003 server and i configured all and seem to work but don't sync the password, and i don´t get any log error.
I created the user cn=replication manager,cn=config in the DS.

Now i have some questions that i don´t understan verywell:

1- what base do i have to put in the passSync to look for, a base of the AD or the DS.? I mean the base where the passsync look for changes i supouse.

2- the PassSync work only with ssl or without ssl work too?

3- what is the supplier dn in the replication panel and what is the format ? I think that i have write it wrong and write the wrong supplier dn.

4- how the DS sync with the AD if I configure the DS as a consumer or i have to configure it as a single server?

For information, i have read all the documentation too many times, and i can't find the error. The strange thing is that i get no error, like if the sync work but don´t write the entries.

Another starnge thing is that with AD 2000, not 2003, the users sync good, not the passwords, but in 2003, sync once and then it's like if broke down.

i hope you will help to solve this errors and thanks a lot.