[Fedora-directory-users] Winsync - passwords?

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 21:59:38 UTC 2005

Dean Jones wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I have setup winsync between FDS and AD and just want to clarify a few
> points that i can't find in the docs or older posts..
>
> 1. Passwords. They do not appear to be syncing either direction but i
> don't have SSL enabled.  my guess is that this is normal?

No.  They should be syncing from FDS -> AD without SSL, but not the
other way.  This is related to your issue 2 below.

> 2. Accounts. They are only syncing from AD -> FDS but i'm assuming
> this is also due to lack of SSL?

Nope.  Accounts can sync fine without SSL.  SSL is only required for
passwords to sync from AD -> FDS.  You should take a look at the
"errors" log on the FDS side.  You may want to enable replication level
logging through the Console application to get some useful info.

-NGK