[Fedora-directory-users] Account expiration on Solaris 2.8 does not work.

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Fri Nov 18 17:26:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have successfully configured a Solaris 2.8 box to use FDS as the
authentication server. However, one detail eludes me.

I'd like to be able to inactivate accounts. This feature works fine with
Linux clients. With Solaris, I can get either LDAP inactivation or local
accounts work. :(

If I have this in pam.conf, then the LDAP accounts are locked out
correctly, but local accounts don't work at all!

other   account requisite pam_roles.so.1
other   account required  pam_unix_account.so.1 server_policy
other   account required  pam_ldap.so

If I run ssh -d -d -d to a local account, it tells me:
debug3: PAM: do_pam_account pam_acct_mgmt = 13 (No account present for user)

On the other hand, if I have this in pam.conf (and that's what Gary
Tay's guide recommends), than local accounts work fine, but I have a
locked LDAP account that accepts ANY password:

other   account requisite pam_roles.so.1
other   account binding  pam_unix_account.so.1 server_policy
other   account required  pam_ldap.so

Is there a particular patch set, perhaps, that would solve this?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought."

		         Henri Bergson