[Fedora-directory-users] Account expiration on Solaris 2.8 doesnotwork.

Tay, Gary Gary_Tay at platts.com
Sat Nov 19 02:43:57 UTC 2005

I believe the ACL and another one, see related post, are added by SUN DS5.2 "idsconfig" command (iPlanet Directory Server Config), since FDS7.1 does not provide this command, these two ACLs do not exist, you could simply add them in at the "dc=example,dc=com" (defaultSearchBase) level, using copy and paste and manual editing mode.

See related post:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2005-July/msg00133.html

I have seen Account Management features like account lockout, account pw reset  leading to user forced pw change, and account expiration working on Solaris Native LDAP Client libraries, if you use OpenLDAP+PADL Client libraries, I do not what will be in for you, most likely it won't work.

I highly recommend the use of Native Client libs, or else when SUN changes something your hard worked craft may not be working anymore.

Gary