[Fedora-directory-users] Binary Download links borken on main site -- Any mirrors?

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Mon Nov 21 18:28:48 UTC 2005

Jackson, Jon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get ahold of the 1.0.2 binaries for FC4, but the
> link is dead (and is dead for FC3/RHEL4, FC2/RHEL3).  Is there another
> place to get these?  I've done some googling and can't seem to locate a
> mirror.  And I can't seem to find a site maintainer's email address, so
> I'm reaching out to the users.  How are you obtaining binaries?
>
> How finicky is the build process, If I were to build from the sources?
> Do the sources include the recently released tools?

  I built 1.0 from source with dsbuild, on my RHEL4 laptop, and it
worked for me (tm). The admin console is really fast now with apache,
compared to how it performed with the previous backend ns-httpd. I mean
to say that it is a major performance improvement. This is the first
time IMO that the admin console is actually "usable".

  I ran into one small hiccup while the admin server was building, where
it refused to build with jdk1.5.0. Dropping back to 1.4.2 solved the
problem. Actually, I keep both of them in /usr/java, and just move the
jdk symlink back and forth as needed. JAVA_HOME is set to /usr/java/jdk.

  Note that you need httpd and httpd-devel packages on a RHEL/FC machine
before 1.0 will build with dsbuild, since apxs is required for building
mod_restart.

BR,
--
mike