[Fedora-directory-users] Winsync Problem with NT4

Elliot Schlegelmilch elliot at bozemanpass.com
Fri Nov 25 18:04:19 UTC 2005

> Maybe it is because I used the wrong password at the first try (PDC side)? I
> read in the manual that
> "After the service is installed and started the first time the password can
> only be changed via an LDAP modify operation, not the configuration file."

I'm glad to hear someone is giving this a try.

A ldapmodify command similar to this can change the default password:

ldapmodify -D 'uid=admin,ou=system' -h pdc.my.domain -p 389 -w secret
dn: uid=admin,ou=system
changetype: modify
replace: userpassword
userpassword: foob4r

Then I believe you use this user and password (uid=admin,ou=system,
foob4r) in the replication agreement.

Regards,
Elliot