[Fedora-directory-users] Search by "uid" attribute returns duplicate results

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Tue Nov 29 00:17:30 UTC 2005

> Thoughts on what might be occuring?

Not really. But I wonder if it's returning two entries or the same entry
twice ?
Can you try modifying an entry and see if 'both' copies are modified in the
search results ?

The next things I'd recommend would be running the search with
logging verbosity turned way up and posting the results here.
That should show us why the search returned two entries.
Another thing to try is to use the dbscan utility to examine the
indices. The fact that only one copy of the entries is output
from db2ldif would suggest that there's really only one copy
in the database, but somehow the index has become broken such
that there are two copies of the same ID in the ID List. But that's
not supposed to be able to happen...

Sometimes migration can do strange things when it uses the
underlying database files from the old server, but that wouldn't have
happened in a 4.x to 7.x migration.