[Fedora-directory-users] Search by "uid" attribute returns duplicate results

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Nov 29 00:26:20 UTC 2005

Quoting Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>:

> Sounds like a messed up index i.e. when you wiped the
> database/subtree, it didn't wipe the uid.db4 index file.   However,
> if you initialized the database again by importing an LDIF file (e.g.
> by ldif2db, not ldapmodify -a), it should have wiped out the old
> index as well.

I used the Admin Console to do the creation/wiping and importing.  Not
sure which mechanism that invokes.  So far it hasn't created major
problems, except with RADIUS authentication, since freeradius
apparently wants a unique entry when a LDAP BIND occurs.  I'm
envisioning the need to completely wipe things for this subtree on one
server.  If I disable replication both ways for this subtree, delete
the subtree on the errant server, then enable replication and
initialize from the good set of data, that should take care of things,
right?  Or is there an even simpler way to recreate the index?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator