[Fedora-directory-users] LDAP subagent questions

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 22:27:41 UTC 2005

Kevin M. Myer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working through some of the documentation for the ldap-agent at
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/snmp.html
> (although with Fedora Directory Server).  I have a simple
> ldap-agent.conf file in /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-instance/config.  The
> documentation states that a config item of "server" should be
> specified that points to the log directory of the Directory Server
> instance to be monitored.  I found that it balked if I did that:
>
> ldap-agent: Error opening server config file:
> /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-instance/logs/config/dse.ldif
>
> so I changed the server value to be just /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-instance.

The documentation states that the "server" parameter needs to be set to
the log directory of the slapd instance you want to monitor.  Here is
the example from the Admin Guide:

server /opt/redhat-ds/slapd-phonebook/logs

How are you starting the subagent?  Are you passing it the  full path to
the ldap-agent config file you created?  Your command should be
something like:

./ldapagent /opt/redhat-ds/ldap-agent.conf

-NGK