[Fedora-directory-users] Settings remembered?

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Mon Oct 17 18:42:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've noticed that if you remove and reinstall FDS, the admin console
tries to connect by default to the port that the admin server was
running during the previous installation. So the settings are stored
somewhere, I guess.

I've run into a problem when I've moved a server behind a firewall. Even
though I've reinstalled the RPM, the LDAP server still tries to connect
to a replication slave which is no more accessible, I suppose due to
some settings being stored somewhere. So the startup is hanging.

I've looked for hidden files in root's home dir, but there are none. I'm
removing the /opt/fedora-ds directory each time after removing the RPM,
so that's not it either. Where else could the settings be stored?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81