[Fedora-directory-users] How is access control done?

Pete Rowley pete at openrowley.com
Wed Oct 19 00:39:02 UTC 2005

You _can_ do that but it highly discouraged.  Schema (particularly standard
schema) is intended to remain static so that all clients know what they are
dealing with.

> The important thing is, I don't want to rebuild anything, not
> to interrupt any service.

You can create new schema for an auxillary objectclass that represents your
application and add that objectclass to the users that need it.

> I see there are quite a few of Netscape schema, for specific
> apps, such as Collabra Server, etc. How do I add app-specific
> schema like that without rebuilding the directory? Or do I
> have to rebuild it everytime a new schema is added?

As mentioned above, simply add the objectclass to an existing user entry.
You should never have to rebuild anything.