[Fedora-directory-users] How is access control done?

speedy zinc speedy_zinc at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 03:02:56 UTC 2005

--- Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:

> >Ok, I've created an object in the console, with the
> >attributes I want. Now do I add an object class to
> >user, from the console? :)
> >

> Edit the user's entry.  Press the Advanced...
> button.  Select the
> objectclass field and press Add Value.  From the
> popup list, select your
> new objectclass.  You may have to save and exit the
> window before the
> next step, which is to Add Attribute... to add your
> new attributes to
> your entry.

Stupid me, I was clicking on the label part (left
side), and was wondering why the Add Value button is
still disabled. I have to click on the right side...

I don't see my objectclass on the list of available
objectclass. I used the following to create it:

1. Click on the Configuration tab
2. Select Schema
3. Click Create to create a new object class
4. Add all the attributes I want, to the must and may
lists

When I tried to add the new objectclass to a user, I
don't see my objectclass on the list.

What did I do wrong?

thanks for all

sz