[Fedora-directory-users] AD sync

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 13:52:22 UTC 2005

Short answer: You are using an invalid SSL certificate.

Longer Answer: SSL server certificates must be capable of key exchange.
The cert you are using may be a signing only certificate.  This would
make it a perfectly good cert for client authentication. It would also
make it an acceptable certificate for DHE_ type diffie Hellman server
operations. It does not work for RSA SSL server operations. You need to
either 1) don't the key usage extension, or 2) specify Key Encipherment
(or Key Exchange).  The problem is that the MSADCA by default issues
these types of certificates, presumably because all of the MS clients
are configured to "just work" with them.