[Fedora-directory-users] crypt password with AD ?

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Tue Oct 25 23:44:54 UTC 2005

Unfortunately, the Microsoft AD password hash isn't a supported password
hash in FDS (or any other directory server, except AD of course).  I
think this is because Microsoft's hash is proprietary.  This means
neither SSHA or crypt can directly be synced with AD.
To sync passwords, you have to use something that can catch the password
while it's in clear text (i.e., when the user changes it).  There is a
Fedora "Winsync" package which I believe can help with this.