[Fedora-directory-users] Aboout Winsync

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Oct 26 13:53:59 UTC 2005

joe wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I followed the steps of Red Hat document to implement Windows 2000
> sync with FDS. After my "initial re-synchronization" process was done,
> I checked my directory tree.
>
> I saw some entries like "cn=Domain Admins, ou=People, dc=example,
> dc=com", and it contained "Members/Static Group - uid=Administrator, ,
> ou=People, dc=example, dc=com"
>
> in its properties. But I could not find the real entry dn named
> "uid=Administrator, , ou=People, dc=example, dc=com" in my ds tree. Is
> it the correct result? Or I did
>
> something wrong with configuration. Please tell me how to fix the
> problem.  Thanks a lot.

I think it's ok.  Administrator is a "pseudo" user - it's only used for
Windows domain administration.  I don't think it follows the schema for
a user.  Does the Administrator entry have a full name or a surname?
There are other pseudo users that fall into this category, such as the
kerberos kdc user.  You could probably fill in the missing attributes
and make it sync over, but it doesn't really matter unless you want to
use the Administrator entry on unix.