[Fedora-directory-users] Very NewBye

Enrico Valsecchi admin at hostyle.it
Thu Oct 27 16:39:09 UTC 2005

> When you ran setup, it asked you what port number you wanted to use for
> your admin server.  The default is some random high port number.  If you
> don't know what it is, you can look at admin-serv/config/adm.conf - it
> is the port: attribute.  Then, you can do
> startconsole -a http://localhost:port/

Well,
I have run a setup utility.
I retry this error:

Your new directory server has been started.
Created new Directory Server
Start Slapd Starting Slapd server configuration.
Success Slapd Added Directory Server information to Configuration Server.
Configuring Administration Server...
Setting up Administration Server Instance...
Configuring Administration Tasks in Directory Server...
Configuring Global Parameters in Directory Server...
Can't start Admin server [/opt/fedora-ds/start-admin > /tmp/file0505sF 2>&1]
(error: No such file or directory)
INFO Finished with setup, logfile is setup/setup.log

O.K.,
I have read into Ml Archive, and response are
"Check your DNS settings. This type of error is almost always DNS-related.
Make sure your hostname/IP is in /etc/hosts at least."

All settings during install are "localhost", and this value are o.k. into
/etc/host

When I retry to start admin-console with "start-admin", I have:
"Netscape-Enterprise/6.2 B04/18/2005 13:49
warning: daemon is running as super-user"

But, after some second, Netscape-Enterprise appear dead ....
:-(

Bye,

Enrico