[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Aboout Winsync

joe joe at openpower.com.tw
Fri Oct 28 02:53:02 UTC 2005

於 三,2005-10-26 於 08:44 -0600,David Boreham 提到:

> Rich Megginson wrote:
>
> > I think it's ok.  Administrator is a "pseudo" user - it's only used
> > for Windows domain administration.  I don't think it follows the
> > schema for a user.  Does the Administrator entry have a full name or a
> > surname?  There are other pseudo users that fall into this category,
> > such as the kerberos kdc user.  You could probably fill in the missing
> > attributes and make it sync over, but it doesn't really matter unless
> > you want to use the Administrator entry on unix.
>
> True (in fact, the special users in AD are not supposed to get sync'ed
> at all),
> but I'm puzzled about the group member being sync'ed. By design, only
> group members that are also already present in the peer directory should
> be sync'ed. Therefore, if things are working to plan, the Administrator user
> should not be sync'ed, and neither should any group member that has its
> DN.

Thanks for all of these answers. But I still have a problem with it. I
try to add some users in
my AD and fill their property values, such as full name, surname. Then I
invoke sync process
again and check my directory tree in my FDS. It still have no user sync
from AD. What's wrong
with it? Do I miss something important?

Regards
Joe