[Fedora-directory-users] Sync not updating FDS

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Fri Sep 9 14:51:03 UTC 2005

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

>After a bit of struggle, I got FDS to sync against my win2k3 ADS.  However,
>now when I add users to ADS, then do a manual sync (have I missed a setting
>that makes this happen on a regular or scheduled basis?), those new users
>don't appear in FDS.  How can I get this to work?

Sync is done automatically on a scheduled basis, once every 5 mins.

There are a few configuration pitfalls with winsync. The best plan is
to enable replication logging (the docs include some information
on how to do this under the 'troubleshooting' section). Then see
what shows up in the log. It may be that there's an authentication
issue with AD, or an access control issue on the DS side.