[Fedora-directory-users] Importing private key into certificate store

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Sep 13 15:11:16 UTC 2005

Hello,

I would like to use an external application to handle my certificate request
(I'm using self-signed certificates - essentially my CA application would
generate the request and then sign it, instead of using any of the FDS
components to generate the request).  This process works fine, except that
there doesn't appear to be an easy way to get the private key for the
certificate into the certificate store.  Obviously, if you use the certificate
wizard or certutil to generate the request, the key ends up in the store.  But
if you don't, is there a way to import a key, so that importing a certificate
will work?  Currently it balks about importing a signed certificate because the
private key is missing.  I tried combining key and certificate into one file
(PEM format) but that didn't help.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer