[Fedora-directory-users] ldap_client_file issues on Solaris

Tay, Gary Gary_Tay at platts.com
Tue Sep 20 14:24:27 UTC 2005

This line does not seem to make sense:

NS_LDAP_AUTH= none

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-directory-users-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko
Sent: Tue 9/20/2005 4:46 AM
To: General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project.
Subject: [Fedora-directory-users] ldap_client_file issues on Solaris

	Hi,

	This is not technically FDS, but it pertains to some of the earlier
	discussions about FDS/Sun interoperability.

	A few weeks ago I have succesfully configured a Solaris 9 box to
	authenticate against FDS and use the auto_home entries stored there. Now
	that I revisit my setup, the auto_home part does not work:

	bash-2.05$ sudo ldaplist -l auto_home
	ldaplist: LDAP configuration problem (Unable to load configuration
	'/var/ldap/ldap_client_file' ('').)

	The message log is not helpful:

	Sep 19 16:41:16 merman ldaplist[314]: [ID 293258 user.error] libsldap:
	'/var/ldap/ldap_client_file' ('').

	I'm using the same ldap_client_file that I did before:

	NS_LDAP_FILE_VERSION= 2.0
	NS_LDAP_SERVERS= server.cshl.edu
	NS_LDAP_SEARCH_BASEDN= dc=cshl,dc=edu
	NS_LDAP_AUTH= none
	NS_LDAP_SEARCH_REF= FALSE
	NS_LDAP_SEARCH_SCOPE= one
	NS_LDAP_SEARCH_TIME= 30
	NS_LDAP_CACHETTL= 3600
	NS_LDAP_PROFILE= tls_automount_profile
	NS_LDAP_CREDENTIAL_LEVEL= proxy
	NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= passwd: ou=People,dc=cshl,dc=edu?one
	NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= group: ou=group,dc=cshl,dc=edu?one
	NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= shadow: ou=People,dc=cshl,dc=edu?one
	NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= netgroup: ou=Netgroup,dc=cshl,dc=edu?one
	NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= auto.home: ou=auto.home,dc=cshl,dc=edu?one
	NS_LDAP_BIND_TIME= 10
	NS_LDAP_ATTRIBUTEMAP= automount: automountInformation=nisMapEntry
	NS_LDAP_ATTRIBUTEMAP= automount: automountKey=cn
	NS_LDAP_ATTRIBUTEMAP= automount: automountMapName=nisMapName
	NS_LDAP_OBJECTCLASSMAP= automount: AUTOMount=nisObject
	NS_LDAP_OBJECTCLASSMAP= automount: automountMap=nisMap

	Does anybody know what's going on?

	Thanks,
	Simon

	Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
	                                http://www.simonf.com

	Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
	is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

	Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81