[Fedora-directory-users] Sync AD

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Sep 21 16:11:26 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 11:32 am, David Boreham wrote:
> >Thanks for pointing me to the manual - I've read it.  I'm sure it's my own
> >stupidity that has caused me to misconfigure something regarding sync.  I
> > was hoping that someone who had gone through the process of setting up
> > winsync might share that with me; perhaps that would help me catch my
> > error. Obviously, the manual didn't work for a non-genius like me.
>
> The step by step guide in the manual was written by someone
> that had gone through the steps themselves (a non-developer).
> Anyway, could you try the steps listed in the 'troubleshooting'
> section of the winsync manual chapter, in particular enable
> replication logging ? That will probably produce some useful
> error log output, which you can post here and we'll attempt to
> determine what's not working.

David,

I read my reply to your previous post, and it did sound a bit testy -
apologies.  But this has been very frustrating.  I've had fairly long
conversations with you and others via irc about this.  I've uploaded verbose
error log files, tried to see what might be happening on the ADS side, tried
your modified ldapsearch tool (does that now ring a bell), and ... nada.
It's killing me that it seems like a rather trivial setup that others have
accomplished, but I can't.  The troubleshooting section of the winsync manual
doesn't contain anything that applies to me.

But, I'm loathe to quit.

Dimitri