[Fedora-directory-users] Sync AD

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Sep 21 20:12:48 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 12:59 pm, David Boreham wrote:
> >>OK, I'm happy to do that.  I've used both ethereal and tcpdump.  Is there
> >> a filter I should add to capture just the ldap traffic?
>
> Everything on port 389 will be fine (disable SSL if you have been using
> it).
>
> >>BTW, did you see my post on irc vis-a-vis the ldapsearch results?
>
> I saw that the modified ldapsearch produced correct results, which is why
> I'm asking for a packet trace now.

David,

I ran tcpdump -s 0 port 389 and redirected the output to a file.  I fired off
tcpdump just prior to starting the FDS server.  Then, I started the console,
and did a full re-sync.  If I interpret the results correctly, the FDS and
ADS boxes communicate on server start-up, buy sync dies immediately.
Shall I send the output to you off-list (I have the address)?

Dimitri