[Fedora-directory-users] Mac OS X Client authenticating against Fedora Directory Server

Jim Summers jsummers at bachman.cs.ou.edu
Mon Apr 3 14:00:55 UTC 2006

David Schibeci wrote:
> For the record, I could only get MacOS 10.4 to authenticate against FDS,
> but this could be because I am using a non-standard port (390 + 637 for
> LDAP and LDAPS respectively).

At least you got it going.  I am using standard ports.  Here is something I
found in my logs on the fds server:

[31/Mar/2006:13:56:42 -0600] conn=10197 fd=82 slot=82 SSL connection from
129.15.xx.xx to 129.15.xx.xx
[31/Mar/2006:13:56:42 -0600] conn=10197 op=-1 fd=82 closed - Encountered end
of file.

This only shows up when I edit the entry in DirectoryServices and commit the
changes.  Then I try an id command, which fails and I see the above message.

Any ideas what the eof means?

My ssl works between fds and other linux machines.

> The only trick I needed was when configuring your LDAP source, under the
> Security tab I needed to enable "Encrypt all packers (requires SSL or
> Kerberos).

I will look for that. Thanks

Will post results.

Thanks again.