[Fedora-directory-users] SubjectAltName how does it work?

Alex aka Magobin magobin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 10:47:53 UTC 2006

Hi, I'm reading openssl.txt to use subjectAltName, but I'm confused....I
setup openssl.cnf with subjectAltName in this way:

subjectAltName=DNS:ldap.domain.example.com

...after that I maked certificate like suggested from Rob, but it seems
doesn't work.

I also find this in Sun documentation:

certutil -R ...-CUT-... -a -8 amserv1.example.com,amserv2.example.com

but if I use this method, when I try to import server certificate:

./shared/bin/certutil -A -d . -n "nodo1.example.com" -t u,u,u -i
tmpcert.der

return an error about adding certificate to token or database.

How can I procede to make certificate with subjectAltName?...

Alex