[Fedora-directory-users] Existing User Accounts

Oscar A. Valdez oscar.valdez at duraflex-politex.com
Thu Apr 6 15:37:39 UTC 2006

El jue, 06-04-2006 a las 09:49 -0500, Esquivel, Vicente escribió:
> I have the Directory server up and running.  My question is how to get
> the user accounts from one of my servers into the directory?  I do not
> have an existing ldap or nis server, we are using local systems
> account creation and authentication.  I did a search through the
> archives but wasn't able to come up with anything.  Any insight would
> be very helpful and appreciated.

Try the Migration Tools from PADL software (they are also the creators
of the nss_ldap and pam_ldap modules):

http://www.padl.com/OSS/MigrationTools.html

You first have to edit migrate_base.pl for your organization's naming
context. The scripts migrate_passwd.pl, migrate_group.pl,
migrate_aliases.pl, etc., will do what their names suggest. They output
in ldif format to standard output, so you can tweak the results before
importing into your DS server.

After importing my existing users, I wrote my own script for new user
creation that generates the ldif stuff.

--
Oscar A. Valdez