[Fedora-directory-users] Odd admin console problem

Brian Moyles bmoyles at playboy.com
Fri Apr 7 21:28:40 UTC 2006

> Which JVM's have you tried?  I would recommend the 1.4 IBM or Sun JVM.
> 1.5 should work as well.  I would also make sure that you are really
> using the Java you think you are.  In FDS 1.0.2, startconsole doesn't
> use your $JAVA_HOME setting.  It simply uses the first java binary in
> finds in $PATH.

Thanks for the reply.  I've tried 1.4.2 and 1.5 from Sun as well as 1.5 from
IBM.  Same deal.  Right now, I don't even have JAVA_HOME configured--I've
got java in the path right, though, and set up with alternatives so it's
technically the only one that should be found.

> I've been able to redirect to my OS X box before, but that was with an
> earlier Directory Server version.  I don't have my OS X laptop with me
> right now, but I'll give this a try with FDS 1.0.2 later and let you
> know if it works.

Thanks for that.  I'm sure it's something weird I'm missing.